Mohawk Valley Community College is offering two accelerated degree programs, Business Management and Criminal Justice, with cohorts beginning in the fall. Information sessions are being offered at 6 p.m. on the following dates:
· Wednesday, July 12: Business Management, Utica Campus, Information Technology Building room 225
· Wednesday, July 19: Business Management, Rome Campus, Plumley Complex room 120
· Wednesday, July 26: Business Management and Criminal Justice, Utica Campus, Payne Hall room 102
The accelerated option allows busy individuals to earn an associate degree in either Business Management or Criminal Justice in approximately two years, while only attending class one night a week. The Business Management program classes will take place on the Utica Campus, and the Criminal Justice program will hold classes at the College’s new state-of-the-art Rome Campus.
The program puts students on a continuous two-year cycle of classes held every Tuesday night, and offers an alternative to the common college experience of classes scheduled multiple days per week during normal work hours. All credits are transferable, and financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify. The new format enables students to:
* Focus on one course at a time,
* Learn with other adult students,
* Apply what they’ve learned to their work, and
* Continue their education at MVCC with university partners.
To learn more about the accelerated Business Management program, contact Patti Antanavige, coordinator of Adult Learner Services, at 315-792-5583 or email@example.com. To learn more about the accelerated Criminal Justice program, contact Daniel Eddy, student advisor and engagement specialist, at 315-334-7750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.